There is currently no image for this content.
|Name of Creator||
Maggie Davis, disability activist – Ken Davis, disability activist
|Date of Creation||
|Extent of the Unit of Description||
1 lever arch file containing 183 items including letters and other documents
|Level of description|
1 lever arch file including mainly correspondence between Maggie and Ken Davis and other participants/tenants in the Grove Road Scheme, as well as application forms and correspondence from potential tenants and enquirers, and advertisements made in the press for interested tenants and supporting families.
|System of Arrangement||
The file is generally in chronological date order either overall, or within each section
Search for another collection item
Other items in this collection
Davis Archive of Maggie Davis relating to the Grove Road Housing Scheme
Davis/F3 Grove Road Scheme Tenants, Advertisements, Letters
- Davis/F3/1-4 Documents relating to the Dorlay House Trust aimed at developing a communual housing scheme for disabled people
- Davis/F3/110-141 Application forms for flats in the 'St Bartholomew's Tenants Group' Grove Road Scheme, and correspondence regarding applications, enquiries, and other information about the scheme. Includes some documents regarding an incident with one of the supporting families. [sensitive]
- Davis/F3/142-183 Correspondence between Maggie and Ken Davis and Ruth Brooks, Vi and Catherine and Joan and Sachar, including notes of telephone conversations and summaries regarding the concerns and objections of Joan and Sachar
- Davis/F3/18-72 Correspondence and newspaper cuttings relating to advertisements and applications for tenants at the Grove Road Scheme. Includes enquiries from interested tenants, responses from Ken and Maggie, drafts of advertisements, and clippings of published adverts.
- Davis/F3/5-17 Correspondence and documents relating to the case between Raglan Housing Association and Joan Daykin, a potential tenant of the Grove Road Housing Scheme, who did not reside at the flats after a disagreement with the other tenants, and sought an injuction against Raglan to prevent them from renting her allocated flat in the scheme. The documents are mainly contain correspondence between Raglan and Ken Davies, Margaret Mead (another potential interested tenant) and Ken Davies, and a newspaper article about the case.
- Davis/F3/73-109 Correspondence between Maggie and Ken Davis and Ruth Brooks, and Vi and Catherine - other tenants involved in the Grove Road scheme - mainly about personal matters and how the scheme is developing including issues with other tenants
- Davis/F3 Grove Road Scheme Tenants, Advertisements, Letters