Here are the ingredients of the History of Place project:
- Our project workers and archivist have been working alongside numerous volunteers in Bristol, Liverpool and London & the South East to dig out the histories of eight locations associated with deaf and disabled people.
- We have been blogging our discoveries and turning them into stories which show many of the documents and pictures we found in the archives.
- We have also been running workshops with all sorts of partners – from art workshops at Stoke Mandeville to medieval art workshops at the Canterbury Pageant.
- Our newsletter keeps you up to date with our discoveries and events – sign up at the bottom of this page.
What’s happening next
- We are planning displays and exhibitions at major museums about our discoveries. These are: MShed in Bristol, the Museum of Liverpool and the V&A in London. Find the details on our events page here.
- We are also creating games which can be played online, or in real world versions alongside our exhibitions. We are partnering with people aged 13 – 30 to shape the content of the games – we have already held workshops in Bristol. If you are interested in taking part in further workshops in London, sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of the page. We will keep you posted about opportunities and dates.